Monday, October 29, 2007

compost

I just finished reading 'A Storm of Swords' by George Martin. It is a pretty good book, quite long too. It is full of good sword fights, which results in plenty of killing, scheming and deception are quite prevalent as well. It's a less flowery version of WoT (in my opinion) and the people don't have as so many magic powers and it is much more graphic. However, the downside to this book is that it is the 3 book in an unfinished series. And that is annoying....and now that RJ died and didn't finish WoT, I'm stuck reading another unfinished book series. Book 4 is written and book 5's release has been pushed back since 2006, so I'll hold off on book 4 and hope this author doesn't die before finishing the series.

The city we live in here doesn't have a free leaf pick up service. Where I grew up (and every other city I've lived in except for here), everyone raked their leaves to the curb and the city came by and picked them up. They do it here, but for a fee. They also offer to pick up bagged leaves, but that is for a fee as well because you have to buy approved bio-degradable bags. Both options are completely out of the question for me...I refuse to pay to get rid of leaves. It's free compost from God, so I'm not paying for it. Instead I built myself a nice compost pile. It also serves as a nice place to get rid of our rotten pumpkins that we carved for Halloween that were nasty and moldy 10 days ago. I was so happy to get that done and thought it was something cool to blog about but it just doesn't come out that way... :)

I signed up to help with RCIA at our church. I get matched up with an inquisitor tomorrow night. Hopefully I will be able to be a good example and a source of useful information for someone else's journey into faith. No pressure there. I shouldn't worry about it, whatever happens happens.

No comments: