Friday, November 2, 2007

Forwards kill me

So I get this email forwarded to me today. It really frustrated me. Read it for yourself.
**************************************

How ironic is this??!! They don't even believe in Christ and they're getting their own Christmas stamp, but don't dream of posting the ten commandments on federal property?

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of PanAm Flight 103!
REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993!
REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine barracks in Lebanon!
REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military barracks in Saudi Arabia!
REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa!
REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!
REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on 9/11/2001!
REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks!

Now the United States Postal Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the EID MUSLIM holiday
season with a commemorative first class holiday postage stamp.

REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp when purchasing your stamps at the post office.

To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors.

REMEMBER to pass this along to every patriotic AMERICAN you know

*****************************************
Here are a few of my thoughts on it. Where did they get the idea that this is a Christmas stamp? It was released in September of this year.

All of the MUSLIM BOMBINGS. Muslims didn't commit the crimes, people committed the crimes. That reminds me of the homily from this past weekend (Luke 18:9-14). During Mass our priest concluded his homily to say that you should hate the sin, love the sinner. This email reminded me of that homily and I thought why not, hate the sin, love the sinner, respect the religion.

The USPS is doing the right thing.

We really bugs me about people and religion is the fact that people believe that their way is the only way. What do I say to that? Get over yourself!

I will not tolerate Muslim bashing for 1 second.

Practicing Christianity isn't a prerequisite to being a patriotic American.

I think I'll buy a book of these tomorrow. I'll see if they have any with menorahs on them and use those two stamp books for our Christmas cards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!! Thank you!! To bad everyone doesn't understand what you said. And I know how much you love forwards.