Sunday, February 17, 2008

catching up

Hey, I'm still here. I've been working a crapload of hours lately (including saturdays) and haven't had much time for fun things like blogging. However, thanks to the holiday weekend, I have some extra time.

I just finished our taxes. Boy, when you have a kid and a house you get a crapload of money back. I was skeptical about that, so that was a pleasant surprise. When are you going to be able to file city taxes online?

I'm a single parent today. Momma's off at a sewing class so I'm in charge. Xander was being crabby so I put him down for his evening nap. The screaming stopped so I think he's asleep. It was only 5-10 minutes of yelling. It's good that it only lasts that long. Maybe we'll go for a drive later and go to the carwash.

So for Lent I decided to give up sweets. At first I decided to just limit myself to only one per meal, but then Amanda and I were talking and I felt guilty and inspired at the same time so I chose to give up sweets altogether. It hasn't been to bad, except last night when we sat down to watch 'Live Free or Die Hard' and Amanda sat down next to me chomping on a candy bar. I did take advantage of the 'you can have what you give up for Lent on sundays' idea this morning after mass. They had free coffee and doughnuts after mass...and let me tell you, that was one of the BEST doughnuts I've had in a long, long time.

Live Free or Die Hard was a good movie. I didn't realize the Mac guy from the Mac vs PC commercials was in it. He was pretty good. I kept waiting for him to say something Mac-oriented, but he didn't. It was a good action flick. I think I'd most likely put Bruce Willis on my tough-guy list. The semi-truck vs fighter jet was a silly scene, so was the bit in the elevator shaft. It was all realistic up until then :)

No comments: