Sunday, February 15, 2009

stuff I noticed about myself in California

Traveling to California these past 2 weeks has hammered home a point with me as a person. I don't dress cool anymore. Not that I was ever on the cutting edge of fashion, but I thought that I had some semblance of a cool, grungy, hippie look. I was in Boston a couple of months ago for work and walked around Harvard Square and had similar thoughts. However, I stalled this train of thought with the idea it was just an east coast phenomenon. My latest trip to the west coast has confirmed my fears that I'm just a working stiff that tucks in a collared shirt everyday.

Just a few random thoughts that I have that tell me I'm completely out of it...
1. Tell me, when in the hell did tight jeans become the in thing for guys too?
2. I hate uggs.
3. Why is it that the bigger your sunglasses, the cooler you are? Why don't you just walk around with a tinted windshield on your nose? Just wear it as a necklace and have a strap at the top and wear it like a headband.
4. How many people fit in Doc Brown's DeLorean time machine? You must be able to pack them in like sardines because they all went back to 1955 and forgot to unroll their pants from the flooding.
5. What is this emo crap? Is this the goth replacement?

Is anybody else out there in the same boat?

No comments: