Friday, February 13, 2009

you know what's funny???

You want to know what's funny? Two grown men acting like 3 year olds. It went like this, Brat 1 is moving equipment around in the lab getting it arranged just so. What Brat 1 doesn't realize is that he's not the only one who uses this equipment or this lab space. I considered it quite a futile effort...but that's just me.

Brat 2 comes in and says "don't bury that simulator back in there, we need to use it with these *crummy* testers."

"It's not made for those testers, it was designed to work with these *cool* testers."

"No it's not."

"Yes it is."

"No it's not."

"Yes it is. It was designed to work with the *cool* testers" (--sidenote --he is so full of crap)

"No it's not."

"Yes it is."

Brat 2 finally realizes this is going nowhere and says "well the simulator needs to be out where everyone can access it" and walks away.

Brat 1 not wanting to be out done, tries to get the last word in by says "well, it's not supposed to be!". He then carries on to me about how he's right and Brat 2 is wrong after Brat 2 has walked away. Like I care.

At this point I give a mental sigh of relief, thinking, aaaah --the awkward moment is over. I can stop admiring the white tile with flecks of gray.

Aaah, and here's the best part: within 1 minute both of them were on their cellphones calling Daddy to tattle on the other one. Well, Brat 1 was, I couldn't hear Brat 2, but if I were a betting man.....

So to enlighten you readers out there....first, I did not play the roll of brat 1 or brat 2 above. Second, this childish behavoir was carried out by engineers. So for those of you out there who know an engineer and think that they are so smart, and know so much and you look to them for their divine engineering wisdom. Phah, I say!

Know this, we do not have people skills nor do we know how to interact with others in a constructive way. If we did, we'd all be driving speeders like George Jetson. We are flawed with ugly traits like, pompusness, an inability to work well with others, arrogence, pretentiousness..... just like everybody else. Don't get me wrong, we do some pretty cool stuff too like make ipods and ataris, but we are just as average as the next guy.

No good segue for this one....I just finished reading 'The Silence of the Lambs'. Excellent book. I highly recommend it. I wasn't at all grossed out, although my tolerance might be out of calibration.

No comments: