Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Ocho!

Tag, I am it. I have been given a challenge of posting 8 random things about me. It's awfully odd that my last post for my birthday was 100 random bits of information about me, but hey, I came up with 100, what's another 8? Nuttin!

However, the difficulty lies in what subject area those 8 should be...should I follow my nominator and talk about scars? Her hubby followed a similar suit and Hugs went her own way.

8 random bits of _______ about me:

1. I wish I could spout movie quotes all day long that people understood. It's just that I'm the only person on Earth that quotes Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, E.T. and Another 48 Hours.
2. I think a life where you don't meet at least 3 people from 3 different foreign counties is sad. Especially this day and age. In knowing them you learn so much about what life is like for non-Americans. For example, did you know that in India they don't use toilet paper? Nope, they think it is gross. Instead they keep a cup next to the toilet, fill it with water from the sink and pour it on their... you know. According to my source, it is much more sanitary. Of course, that might just be his opinion, but I'm just telling you what I know.
3. The most tv that I watch in one sitting is 1 hour of Americas Funniest Home Videos. Or 1 hour of Cops or Dateline. However that's not all in 1 week. If I were to add all my tv watching time up for 1 week I think it would be around 2-3 hours. Oh, that's until football season.
4. For as much as I love watching football and considering my stature, I've never played a snap. Not even in high school. Oh, I played a bit of the neighborhood ball, but nothing regular. My mom wouldn't let me play for an endlessly inexhaustable number of reasons, but I think I'll be happy with that when I get older and my knees still work. However, whatever "knee years" that I may have gained by not playing high school football, I think I've destroyed by weightlifting. I would attribute 99% of the grinding that causes my wife to grimace to the squats and deadlifts that I regularly perform.
5. I don't get bored with weightlifting. It's just me, in my basement, sweating away. I think I'm the type of guy who isn't easily bored by repeatative actions. I can jog the same path or on a treadmill and not get bored.
6. I can't remember the last time I purchased a compact disc. The last compact disc that was purchased for me was Pearl Jam's last album that came out in May of 2006. Before that, I just don't remember.
7. There is a part of my cellphone that is held together with electrical tape. It's been like that for about a year now. I could get a new one for 20 bucks, but I'm too cheap and I'd have to sign up for another year of service.
8. Scars
8a. My first set of stiches came when I was 5 from walking into a chair that someone was carrying when we moved.
8b. I have a puckered up patch on the inside of my left ankle where a kid threw a piece of glass at me when I was in the 7th grade.
8c. I've got a nice chicken pox scar right in the middle of my forehead. Well, it's a little to the right.
8d. According to Hugs, I have a blue spot on my back. No idea, ask her. It's just something she checks on at random intervals and updates me about.
8e. The nail for my left index finger is moved a bit to the left because it hit it with a 32oz sledge hammer when I was 20.

There's my 8. Oh, and of course, I nominate dobre vechir to carry on this 8 bits of randomness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dobre Den!

I must say I am inspired by both yours and hug's latest posts. I'll have to think of something interesting to post now.

Serge