Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Moved

All moved in and lots to do.

The move went great. I was a little taken back by the movers when they showed up, they looked a little...shady. However, they busted their butts, didn't break anything and were personable and easy to talk to.

We spent the weekend unpacking and we are 90% done. The tough part is going to be hanging all of the pictures. It's quite a circus when we hang pictures.
"Is it straight?"
"I can't tell."
"Well step back and look."
"I don't know, I guess it's straight."
"You're no help."
"I told you I can't tell if things are level."

There's just about an hour's worth of work left in each room. Put this here, put that there...boring stuff.

The best part is that I spent tonight putting things away in the garage and I am able to fit my truck in there. Aaaah, that's great. Unfortunately, there is about 10" of room past each bumper. I put a wire rack between the front bumper of my truck and the front wall to act as an idiot bumper. I wonder how long that will last. I've thought of hanging a rubber ball from a string from the ceiling. Maybe I'll try that next week as a more accurate judge of parking.

But everything is great, more than great in the new place.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Two words: laser level.