Sunday, June 10, 2007

last post when??

Well, I guess I've been busy. The house finally has pictures hung on the walls. Our goodwill/garage sale pile keeps getting bigger. It's funny because I've been dragging this stuff around for years and I'm just now getting tired of it.

A few more things to do in the basement. I need to arrange my manly testosterone area in the basement and get that all neat and orderly. Then onto finishing the spare room and Peanut's room. I'm looking for suggestions on closet organizers. Any ideas?

The house is awesome.

I've been really pleased now with my reel lawnmower.
The good points:
-no gas
-much quieter
-the yard looks very neat (I've found myself taking pains to cut in a different pattern each time)

The bad points:
-don't let it go for 2 weeks
-when there are small areas to finish up, it takes longer because you only cut when pushing forward, whereas with a gas mower you can pull it backwards and still cut

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase. Yes, it is more work to push it forward. Yes I will have to sharpen the blades. However, I view those as easy obstacles to overcome because of the good points mentioned above.

Rob, you mentioned about a bumpy yard....I've got a few bumps, but bumps are bumps regardless of your style of push mower.

Work has been busy too...end of the quarter deadlines...arrgh! It's good though, really good. And I have an office all to myself again because they are hiring a new guy to do the same tasks as my old office mate, so he moved out and will share with the new guy. Now it's just me and my giant Darth Vader Pez dispenser.

Goodnight.

No comments: