Sunday, December 16, 2007

sprucing up the bathroom

My little helper X and I started work on the downstairs bathroom. You can see the evil outhouse with cats border in the background that we scraped off. X wasn't as much help as I'd hoped he would be. I had to carry a bib in my back pocket because he kept drooling. The sling makes him drool for some strange reason.


But we got all the crummy border off and I took off the toilet tank because I hate seeing that part of the wall unpainted. I was thinking of taking the bowl off, but I don't want to mess with the wax seal and I don't know how to get the water out of the bowl. I'm not desperate enough to try siphoning.


I also took all of the wood trim off because a hasty painter before me didn't tape off the trim and got paint all over it. Well, in taking off the trim and sanding the paint off I realized that the fool went and bought paint to match the trim and painted over the paint on the trim. I'd like to wring their neck.

But I got the ceiling painted and tomorrow after work I'll tape off the floor and ceiling so I can paint the walls.


1 comment:

Rob said...

You're making me tired just reading about all the home fixing you're doing! I guess I got all that out of my system in St. Louis. Now all I do is shovel snow...