Sunday, December 2, 2007

a morning of shopping

Yesterday we went to a rummage sale and picked up some great stuff. I can't believe all the stuff we bought for 19 dollars!

Check this out...from left to right we have:
1. Blue flower pot
2. 4 books (on the flower pot -- 2 Tom Clancy, 1 Evanovich and 1 woodworking)
3. picture frames
4. party lights
5. a set of silly pictures for the kitchen
6. a food grinder for Xander
7. a bread maker
8. a heater
9. we also bought a vase, but I forgot to put that in a picture.


We then went and picked up a treadmill we found on craigslist for 25 bucks. We couldn't believe that we found a working, electric treadmill for 25 bucks. I'm still amazed by it.

When we were picking up the treadmill, Amanda said "I bet I could play Zelda and walk at the same time."

"If you do I won't make fun of you for playing Zelda anymore" I responded.

So here you have it...Amanda walking and playing Zelda at the same time...and me not mocking her and her video game exploits.



How's this for irony: We were so excited by our treadmill purchase that we celebrated by going to Steak and Shake and ordering milkshakes. Some people like fancy wine or a trip to a seafood restaurant...naah, not us. Regular, chocolate tree bark for me, regular white chocolate for her.

Man, writing this has made me hungry for a double steakburger with everything minus the mayonnaise. Mmmm, steakburger....aaaaaaa.

1 comment:

Dandysue said...

Awesome way to exercise, but anyway I wanted to say, Cool vest Amanda!

Mandy