Sunday, July 8, 2007

weekend update

I've got myself a new workout partner now.


Ainsley likes to come downstairs with me in the mornings when I workout. Lately she just seems to be the happiest cat ever and chirps and purrs away with me every morning.

I also discovered that this mild mannered cat that is very easy going and very innocent is all just a show.....I was in the kitchen the other morning and a little half grown bunny hopped up onto our deck. I thought, "geez, I wonder if (sweet, little, innocent) Ainsley will chase a rabbit".

Dumb. Dumb. Very dumb. I should have stopped right there. I didn't think through both forks of that decision.

I grab Ainsley and very silently unlock the back door and shove the cat out onto the patio where the bunny is about 4-5 feet away. Wooosh! The rabbit bolts. Shwooosh! There goes an orange streak right behind the rabbit.

"Oh sh*t!!" Now I have to catch the cat. So now I take off into the backyard and make it to the fence at which time I see Ainsley "The Orange Lightening Bolt" racing across the neighbors backyard. So I hop the fence and chase after her thinking "oh crap, Amanda's going to kill me." I get around between the neighbors houses and see her sitting on a rock between the shrubs and the front porch of the house behind us. I have no idea what happened to the rabbit. I think the rabbit might have lost her and she just stopped to hang out.

I picked up the cat and walked home laughing the whole way.

Just got back from Sean and Elizabeth's wedding in the DC area.


We made a road trip out of it and we (Hugs, me, Scott, Mandy and Nikki) all had a great time. Nikki was great and drove us all there in a rented minivan. So I really had no idea where I was going or what I was doing all weekend until I was told I had to dress for this or that. It was a great time.

No comments: