Thursday, July 5, 2007

Sympathy

Last weekend Ukie came over to hang out and we watched his sister's movie "Sympathy". It was a pretty good flick. It was like a cross between Kill Bill with the amount of gore (but x2 or x3) and Reservoir Dogs with the surprise ending where the truth is all unraveled and leaves the audience totally shocked. Some of it was a bit drawn out and the movie could have been sped up, however the dialog was pretty darn funny in some parts too. But that might be because I laugh at stuff other people don't.

The premise of the whole film is that his sister's character "Sara" is kidnapped by a bank robber and they are holed up in a hotel room. Then this other guy escapes from prison and holds the bank robber and Sara hostage and it ends up being a power struggle between the three of them over who really is in control and who is really hostage. That aspect of it was quite interesting. And it all takes place in a hotel room.

At certain points during the film I had to stop and remind myself that it's just a movie. I was getting worked up and thought I was going to have to kick somebody's butt for hurting Ukie's little sister.

Here is a review of it:
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/1680

I heard it is supposed to be playing in Ohio sometime...if it does I'm going to see it again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha. You wrote a blog about it. Where did you hear it's supposed to be playing in Ohio? I don't know about that.

S

chicks514 said...

I email the movie star congratulating her and she told me that in her reply.