Thursday, November 8, 2007

politically correct is thrown out the window

**Disclaimer** I take full responsibility for the content of my blog, however, there are times when I'm telling a story that I repeat the low level comments of others I interact with throughout the day. These comments are not my own are only repeated for the full affect of the story. I in no way intentionally insult anyone on my blog, except for those who spread ignorance in the form of email forwards. (Ha, my disclaimer has a disclaimer.)

pre-p.s. - you'll know when to apply this disclaimer to my story.

Version 1, from Amanda:
Once upon a time I was driving to work and recalled how stunningly beautiful my wife is and I failed to notice the short bus in front of me, then crashed into it.

Version 2 of my morning commute, from another source:
Chicks was driving to work and is a gomer and zoned out and hit the short bus in front of him full of window-lickers.

Version 3, what really happened:
I was overly excited to get to work this morning, ahem, tailgating a local transportation agency's small bus (which is actually a Ford F-350 that has the van front end and holds about 15 passengers) and the other guy decided to turn as I was looking at the scenery and I crashed into him.

Nice.

Yea, and it's been 7 weeks and 2 days since my last wreck, 'cept this time I'm the bozo that gets cited. It's easy to remember since Xander is 6 weeks and 2 days old and I crashed a week before he was born. There are so many irritating things about this:
1) I'm still going to the chiropractor from my last car wreck
2) The stinking ticket is 110 bucks, plus a 500 dollar deductible
3) we just met with our financial advisor last night to go over where we should be allocating our funds --namely saving for Xander's Catholic education and here I go hosing up the works.
4) I'm just pissed off at myself for wrecking my truck (this is my first accident citation ---my last ticket was in the summer of 98...almost a whole decade)

Good things:
1) maybe now I'll learn to drive like a jerk and stop tailgating
2) I'm fine, the short bus driver is fine and so is the kid who was on the bus (he's just some HS kid).
3) Again, no one was hurt and hopefully the lessons will stick this time.

The Silver Hammer isn't really drivable because the bumper is buckled in and rubs on the tire when I turn left. I could just make 3 right turns instead, however sometimes turning left is necessary. I was able to force it back a bit with a pry bar, but I have to wait on the adjuster to look at it on Tuesday then hopefully it will get fixed shortly thereafter. So we are down to one set of wheels.

The whole version 2 of my story was killing me today; some folks were really ribbing me in a good natured way. For me there were only 2 ways to deal with it, curse and swear at the ribber or just let it go and laugh at myself because I'm only out 610 bucks and in the end it's only money and completely trivial. So after two temper tantrums at ribbers I was broken down and learned to laugh at myself for being a gomer and zoning out and rear ending a short bus with a caring driver and a considerate young teenager.

No comments: