Friday, November 30, 2007

Finally, the Silver Hammer is home...

I FINALLY got my truck back from the body shop today. It's been 22 days. Of course that was extended because of Veterans Day and the Thanksgiving holiday...so it really shouldn't have taken that long, but I'm thankful to have it back. The quality of work looks good too. I'm glad I picked a good shop to take it to because I randomly selected that shop from the yellow pages. Whew.

Having two wrecks within two months of each other increases my paranoia whenever I drive anywhere. I hope I get over that soon.

But anyway...be careful when you tell people 'surprise me'. The wife takes me over to pick up my truck this afternoon. She's leaving the body shop and offers to pick up a movie for the night and asks me for any suggestions. I really didn't care, or I should say, I really had no preference because there's nothing that stood out in my mind that said 'ooh ooh ooh, I really want to watch ____'. So I tell her "surprise me".

Then she laughed and told me my opinion didn't count and I told her I wanted a comedy.

Well, sure enough, she did as I bid. I was surprised and laughed. Our movie selections were 'Labyrinth' and 'A Night at the Museum'. Museum was funny, it had it's moments...overall it was good. Who knew Atilla the Hun was sometimes bilingual? Labyrinth however....let me just say that I missed it when it came out in 1986. And back then I would have more easily forgotten the images of David Bowie in tights. Now as an adult, the image of David Bowie in tights is burned onto my retinas and it just may give me nightmares tonight.

3 comments:

Dandysue said...

Labyrinth is awesome!!! I watched that so many times as a kid. I forgot about the tights though. If I saw it again now I'm sure I'd have the same reaction!

Mandy

Anonymous said...

Never mock Labyrinth...it is cinematic history. I'm proud to say I own it. Your mistake was not focusing on his hair-so long as you concentrate on that, the tights really aren't a problem.

chicks514 said...

I couldn't stand his elf hair either!!