Monday, May 5, 2008

rising gas prices

You know, with rising gas prices fast food chains ought to do all they can to speed up drive though lines and decrease the time customers spend waiting in line with their engines idling. Why just yesterday after a hearty 2 hours volunteer gardening at our church we decided to treat ourselves to some DQ goodness. Would you believe it took 3 minutes and 45 seconds (Do the Evolution played while waiting) to get our tasty goodness? That is entirely too long to wait for ice cream.

The problem was all of the doodoo-heads in front of us ordering sandwiches. Sandwiches from Dairy Queen? You don't go to DQ and get sandwiches! Where's your brain people?

And do you know 2 small twist cones cost 2.98? 2.98!! Fricking outrageous! Oh and small means small, it wasn't opposite day.

In other events, with my child's supervision, I planted bell and sweet bananna peppers in the remaining garden area. I planted seeds so hopefully that turns out okay. Never tried that before. I gave them some 'roids too, so I hope to have some super peppers.

Before I got started gardening I wanted to clear it with the wife so I said to her "Is it okay if I plant my seeds?" Thinking it's best to see if she needs a break from the kid. "IN THE GARDEN!!" I add in a shout.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

The border does look good. Pine needles happen to make an excellent mulch, too. (I live in a dry place where mulch makes a big difference.)