Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Home Depot

A month ago my brother and father in law brought over the weightlifting rack that B.I.L. (Mark) made for me. We got it assembled and everything was great. I needed to go to Home Depot to get some new supports for my pull up bar and while I was there I was going to look for some cheap carpet to throw down to keep my feet warm.

Oh, yeah, my new thing is now to lift weights either barefoot or with some flimsy sandals on. Hugs is mildly paranoid I'm going to lose a toe down there. I figure, hey, it's just a toe. No, I'm kidding. I'm really careful.

So Serg is over and we head over to HD to get the gym assessories. I get the stuff for the pull up bar and go to look for some cheap carpet. I found some scrap that I like and it looked cheap. Well, the carpet employees must have all started last week, because they sure weren't too helpful. It was like pulling teeth to get them to get off their rear and tell me how much it was and trying to get them to measure it. Talk about frustrating.

At HD, when you buy items by the pound, or square yard, the employee has to write you up a ticket to give to the cashier to charge you the proper amount. So I get up the the cashier and the guy is having trouble ringing it up. He must have been really, really new because it took him what seemed like forever to ring up the people ahead of us in line. So I just say to him, "Aaah, that's alright, I don't have to pay for it." And he threw the ticket out! I couldn't believe it. I walked out of HD with a 12'x3' piece of carpet that cost 25 bucks without paying for it! Unbelievable. My Jedi mind tricks must have been attuned to the Force that day since they finally worked.

Anyhow, I got some free carpet and it made me forget about the newbs in the flooring department.

C

No comments: