Saturday, April 14, 2007

Day 2

We don't have cable, but our hotel did! We woke up and both of us were too lazy (busy enjoying vacation) to do anything so we laid there and flipped through the channels. This allowed us to reminisce our pre-teen years by watching re-runs of Saved by the Bell. They showed at least 3 episodes in a row daily. I was disappointed because it was the episodes without Kelly and Jessi. I was so let down. However, the rest of the trip I would randomly sing the theme song which was good for a laugh.

We then got our butts moving and went downtown and walked around. There was an open air market that we shopped around at and bought a couple of pictures for our new house. One is of one of the huge mansions down by the water. The other is a different version of the Last Supper. I've never seen one like it, I really liked it, we don't have one (do you know what people say about Catholic households that don't have one!!), it was expensive, we were on vacation and so we got it. I don't think I could do it justice by describing it here for you, so you'll just have to come over and check it out yourself.

Went back to the hotel and watched 'Take the Lead' with Antonio Banderas, which is a great flick. I recommend it.

Then we drove out and got some awesome sunset pictures and had dinner at this cool place called TBonz. We made a little rule that we tried our best to follow that we wouldn't eat at places we knew (Ruby Tuesday, Arbys, Applebees etc) unless we really wanted to keep it cheap or unless Amanda played the I'm-pregnant-and-don't-want-to-put-up-with-the-sight-or-smell of whatever I might order. Which is fair.

No comments: