Sunday, April 22, 2007

I'm elated!

I'm so elated right now. After church we got off our butts and drove up past our new house. Still looking good. Although I think they are going to let the lawn grow between now and the closing on friday. Oh well.

It was an excellent trip because we saw our new neighbor out and stopped and talked to her. She's a really nice lady and is the same age as us. Her and her husband both work and have a little girl who is probably less than a year and a half. So maybe Peanut will have a new playmate. She told us the neighborhood is really nice and a few things about some of the other neighbors. The nice part is she seemed welcoming, relaxed, easy-going and someone we can get along with. Not that we have problems with our current neighbors, but it's nice to know you aren't moving onto Wisteria Lane (Desperate Housewives).

We then cruised back through town and stopped and Sears and I checked out a reel lawnmower and Amanda checked out paint. This sales lady came by and asked if she could help with anything and I said "yea, can I test this thing outside?". So a manager came by and I got to test drive a reel lawnmower. I though it did a good job cutting, the clippings didn't coat my legs and it was easy to push. I tried to take a real careful look at it and see if there was a roller or some other part of it that would push the grass down before the scissor mechanism cut it, but there didn't seem to be one. I took it for what I thought was a good test drive and was very satisfied. So I went back it, looked and some paint colors with Amanda and then showed her my tracks outside and she seemed okay with it. Not that I was expecting some in depth lawn care tips from a girl who has probably never cut grass, but she was happy I was happy.

Not only that, but they have rechargeable weedwackers there too. So that's on my soon to get list as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for trying to do your part to help the environment.

Happy Earth Day 2007!

s