Monday, April 23, 2007

whoomp here it is!!

shaka lacka shaka lacka shaka whoomp!!

I am now the proud owner of a 20" Scott's Reel Lawnmower!



Last night I was surfing the web looking at closet organizers thinking of ideas for Peanut's room and the spare room and I decided to check again and see what dear Mr. Google would bring me. I am so very glad that I did because I stumbled upon Craigslist and found this beauty for sale on the south side of town for 60 bucks; which is approximately 50% off of the regular sale price. Now that's a deal!

I'm not really one to say this much, if hardly at all, but God really helped me out on this one. I never would have found it his help.

I brought it home and Amanda even exclaimed how easy it is to use, but then immediately retracted that statement in hopes of never having to cut the grass. Not only that, but it's so light!


I spent some time testing it out here at our apartment and I am pleased with the results. It is easy to push and it really does CUT the grass! Finally, I feel like I'm doing something good for the environment.

And, the timing of this is all very good. We close on friday and when we stopped by our new house yesterday the grass wasn't cut....so we are wondering if the sellers are going to leave us with some hay to bale. Oh well, I will surely cut it with joy using my new lawnmower.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Congratulations! What model # is it? We're probably just leaving our mower here when we move and might hire a lawn service in NY, but if this thing works well, I'll buy into it!

I still think you should have gone with the goat, though - you'd get free fertilizer on top of everything else. And what a conversation piece!

chicks514 said...

It is a Scott's 20" Reel Lawnmower.

http://www.cleanairgardening.com/scotclasreel.html

If you don't hear anything from me, it probably went poorly on the first mow. I'm keeping my hopes up though.