Tuesday, September 25, 2007

back to work

So the newborn-vacation-time-off-of-work fun is over because I'm headed back to work tomorrow. Of course, this having a newborn is easier for me because I don't have to get up two or three times in the night to feed him. As it is, fatherhood is pretty good for now. Not any real ups and downs. It will be nice when one of these days when he can pay attention to me or look at me. And diapers aren't as complicated as I thought they were. Oh, and newborn flatulence is a hoot! Just out of the blue Xander makes the room shake.

The in-laws were here today and A's dad helped me take care of some rust on my new truck on the underside of the passenger door. Taped it off, sanded, primed and painted it. It's nice to have a supervisor. AND, even better news, he helped me get the garage squared away so that I can fit my truck in there now. There's about 6" at both the front and rear bumpers. We also hooked up a bobber that hangs from the ceiling so I know when to stop. It's fantastic. I realize though in a few years when tricycles and other things need room in the garage I'll be bumped, but it's nice for now and I'm going to savor it!

No comments: