Sunday, September 16, 2007

Golden Boy's Eulogy

Look at this stud!


I met my dear Golden Boy back in Toledo during my last semester around October 2002. He was everything I wanted in a truck, a Ford, 5 speed manual transmission, V6, extended cab and low miles. I still remember that first test drive and was so impressed with the power and speed (I was moving up from a Festiva...so I was easily impressed). Within the first two months of having Golden Boy he'd already proved his worth because I used him to move myself and Sergey. He came through and proved his usefulness time after time moving myself, Amanda, Sergey, Amanda and I (once we were married) and Trisha (sister in law) again and again. He even helped out at our church in Cincinnati and merrily moved mulch.

Golden Boy never left me stranded and was the test bench in teaching me how to install drum brakes, change spark plugs, change oil, change calipers, change fuel filters, rotors and flush and fill the coolant.

Not only that, but Golden Boy was great on vacations. He made camping trips fun and easy. Here is Amanda demonstrating how easy he makes packing supplies in his bed. Honestly, that was the point of this picture because this was our first camping trip with Golden Boy, it was great!


Here is one picture on our last camping trip as we are passing through Kentucky to Tennessee. On this trip we drove to the top of the Smokey Mountains with him.


So tomorrow when I go to the salvage yard to take off the license plate and remove the last of my personal affects that you are holding, it will be with a very heavy heart. Goodbye, Golden Boy, you will be missed.

No comments: