Tuesday, September 11, 2007

death of Golden Boy?

Unfortunately, now I'll never have learned in a classroom setting how to care for Peanut for the first 3 months. I missed the first class last week because I was in California and today I missed the second class because I was turned into a sandwich on the highway.

I was merging on the freeway after work and the traffic in front of me came to an abrupt halt, I came to an abrupt halt, but the semi behind me didn't. The semi hit me, then I hit the guy in front of me, making a sandwich out of Golden Boy (my truck). The airbags deployed, which was nice, but stinky and smoky.

Golden Boy has seen better days. I'm nervous as to what the insurance guy will say, especially since the airbags were deployed, about what to do with my truck. I love my truck and wouldn't trade it in for a brand new one even if it was free.

I do feel bad for the semi truck driver that hit me because he was 2 weeks away from reaching his 150,000 mile safety bonus award. That's too bad, I hate to see someone miss their bonus.

I had the truck towed and Sergey showed up and took some pictures for me then dropped me off at the hospital so I could check in with the wife in baby class and get checked out in the ER. I'm just back from the hospital and everything is good, only soreness.

Please pray for Golden Boy to have a safe return to me!


1 comment:

Rob said...

Youch! Glad you're ok. The Green Ranger and I are hoping for the best for ol' Golden Boy! Just don't let this tragedy overshadow the upcoming big events!