Friday, September 21, 2007

very sad, sad news

With all this happy news about bringing Xander home and what fun he is, it is with a heavy heart that I post that Robert Jordan has passed. RJ is the author of the Wheel of Time book series that Amanda got me reading. It's an awesome book series, just awesome.

The rest of this post will only make sense to Hugs, Julie, Rob and Mom.

Hugs came up and told me the news this morning and the first words out of my mouth were "May the last embrace of the mother welcome him home." I hope I got that right.

You know, there is so much I love about that book series. When I'm jogging and I really want to motivate myself at the end I chant to myself "wash the spears". I looked through the book once and looked on wotmania for more of the song and I wrote it all out, but I forgot it. I should do that again.

And, as I mentioned before, I really like the fight scene with Mat, Gawyn and Galad. I think of that when I'm trying to psych myself during a workout.

It would be really cool if at some point Rand and Galad realize they are half brothers and hug. Or at least don't try and kill each other.

I can't believe how lucky we got to meet his cousin at a wedding this summer. I sent that email and then his cousin sent me a print out of it with his signature on it. I really cherish that note now.

So those are just my random wot thoughts. I can't wait to find out what Harriet and his cousin know.

No comments: