Thursday, September 13, 2007

so I go to flower shop...

So I miss a day of work because of the wreck and end up spending the morning on the phone. As it turns out, the trooper who wrote up the accident gave me a pamphlet with information on it about the cited driver and his insurance. I wasn't paying close enough attention to the name of the insurance company because my mind just wasn't too sharp at the time.

So yesterday I settled down to try and get ahold of the other guy's insurance. However, after a few minutes I realized that there is no such insurance company called "Great White Nations". I tried Googling different combinations of that name thinking it might be just a little off, but it wasn't. So that's a good thing that no Aryans or Crackers sell insurance in southern Missouri.

Sergey came through and saved the day for me because one of the pictures that I took with his camera had the company logo on it. So after a call to the company I was able to contact their insurance company, tell them my information, hopefully get my truck fixed sooner and get a rental car.

Speaking of rental cars, did you know that they actually run out of cars? There are 3 stores within 15 miles of our home and they were all out of cars. Do you think Dominos ever runs out of pizzas? Mushrooms, maybe, black olives, maybe, but not entire pizzas! Good grief Charlie Brown.

So then this accident has a few people giving me advice on what to do. Go to a chiropractor, don't go to a chiropractor. It's very annoying. I had a lady giving me the same lecture a second time on what to do and it was beyond annoying. I thought I politely asked her to shut it and thanked her for her advice, but it only caused her hair stand up and then she hissed at me.

Listen, there's only 1 woman on this earth that tells me what to do, sorry sweet-ums, but it ain't you. Thanks for your unwanted advice.

So then I thought I'd pick up flowers on the way home for the wife. I bought this deal that for 45 bucks I get a bouquet of flowers once a month. That's a good deal. So after work I went to pick up September's bouquet and the shop is gone. Empty. So my new complaint is that I have to drive to a congested part of town to get flowers for my baby momma. That's not going to happen during the evening rush hour.

So then I pull of the flower shop lot and am on the way home and I turn on the radio (Enterprise finally found a car for me) and I hear an old Nirvana song playing. I found it really ironic because the chorus went:
"Hey, wait
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice"


Now isn't that something?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, all of that really stinks, much like the diapers you will soon be changing. I will offer no advice, but only say that if you decide to visit a chiro and want a recommendation, I HEART mine (he's in Westerville) and he's fan-frickin'tastic.