Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Lent

Since Lent starts today, I'm going to try something new to improve myself as a person. I'm going to attempt to give something up, but I'm not sure how well I will do. So what am I going to give up? Ready for this? I'm going to try and give up talking about people behind their backs. Not that I'm a non-stop gossip spouter, but you know, there are always those little comments made at work about others, at home and out with friends that don't reflect nicely on the person(s) the comments are about. The wife says that's a good one, so I'll stick with it. We'll see how this goes...so far today I've caught myself and stopped. There is hope for all of us!

And in case you missed it, today was Ash Wednesday. It's supposed to be a day of fasting. I've never been good at fasting, but I tried to improve on that this year as well. It went okay, better than I thought, but there is one thing I noticed today (maybe this is just me) , but fluids just shot through me. I don't understand the physiology or the biology behind it, but it happened.

Anyhow, the wife is waiting to do work on the computer...

C

2 comments:

Rob said...

Do you do the hardcore "no food at all" fasting, or the "modern" fasting where you only get to eat, get this, 3 meals?

I used to do the hardcore fasting but this year I knew my body wasn't going to take it, so I had a small breakfast and a small dinner, no lunch. And dinner was after sunset, sort of borrowing from the Muslim concept of no eating during the day on specific holy days. I figure, we all worship the same God, right?

No clue on the fluid issue. Did you drink just water, or something else?

chicks514 said...

There's no way I could handle the hardcore fasting. I just ate a normal breakfast, small lunch, chewed gum all day and had a smaller dinner. Hopefully the next time I'll do better. I guess I didn't really fast at all, but I ate less than I would have in a normal day.

Naaah, just water. I had a cup of coffee last saturday and I thought I was going to have a heart attack for the next 24 hours. I'm just a water guy.