Sunday, February 18, 2007

old bag of nails

Hugs's pal Sarah B came to town last night. We had a good time and went out to the 'Old Bag of Nails Pub'. It's a pretty good little place. It's the first time that I didn't even look at the menu when I ordered. Why? Because all I had on my mind was fish and chips. You get this huge hunk of fish which is about 12" long and another little hunk. Oooh it was good. I guess I'm getting warmed up for the friday night fish fry's of Lent.

Speaking of which, I should do something for Lent, but I can't think of what. Hmmmm. Have to think on it.

I went and gave blood yesterday and it took quite a while. I had a bunch of not-so-hearty folks in front of me. I girl got weak and collapsed (she became so white!), another had to stay on the bed until she felt better and yet another had to have an icepack applied to her stick point. I guess I was due for a long visit. But that's okay because I had no other plans until 5:30 mass, so I enjoyed the wait and watched some college basketball.

One thing that I don't get about this place is after you go somewhere a donate blood, the donation center will typically have chips, cracker and cookies to eat along with juices. Well, this place has the snacks, but only coffee and ice water. It boggles my mind that they would have coffee there. Why wouldn't they have a sign up that says "donors don't drink the coffee after a donation". Duh, it's just going to make you lose fluids.

Friday night we spent looking at houses online. We found about 6-8 that we liked and are going to visit next weekend. Whoo-hoo! We were looking at condos too, thinking that they might be cheaper, but they aren't. Once you figure in the mortgage payment, house insurance and the condo fee, the price is through the roof! At least for our budget. So condos had a short lifespan in our search criteria.

So anyway...

C

1 comment:

Rob said...

I wonder if you get a faster or stronger buzz drinking coffee after donating a pint?

I still can't understand the allure of condos. It's just an apartment that you own, as far as I can tell. For apartment people, maybe that's fine, but I will never go back to having a stranger living 1 wall (or 1 floor) away from me. A house provides some measure of solitude, plus you don't get the stink of the neighbor's burnt cooking.