Sunday, February 11, 2007

So Valentine's day is coming, got any good gift ideas? I had a good idea to get Hugs a ring with our birthstones in it. Basically, something with her stone in the middle with smaller ones of mine surrounding it, showing that she is the center of my life. Blah blah blah, mushy mushy mushy, blah, crap, blah.

So since Valentine's day snuck up on me, again (like the day changes year to year or something, duh), so I decided to reveal my plan to Hugs for 2 reasons:
1. I'm a bad husband and didn't realize how close it was and
2. figured that if we went shopping for it together I'd be sure to get something she would like.

I also introduced this idea with a bouquet of flowers. I think I could pull off anything with her as long as I broke the news with flowers.

So we went out shopping and found some crap that we didn't like and was way too expensive. Hugs suggested looking on the internet, saying that she's found some stuff online about designing your own jewelry. Hi ho, hi ho, off to Google I go. You wouldn't believe where we found a ring that we both liked! Wal-mart! I couldn't believe it. I never thought I would be shopping for a ring online at Wal-mart, but stranger things have happened. So we'll probably go to the store next weekend and verify sizes and make sure it looks as good in real life as it does online.

And that is that.

C

No comments: